Sunday, December 2, 2012

“Sunflowers with Blue Glass” 5” x 7” Original Pastel Painting by Colorado Artist Margretta S. Perry





"Sununflowers with Blue Glass” 
 5” x 7” 
 Original Pastel Painting by Colorado Artist Margretta S. Perry

$95.00 + Shipping
This little painting is part of a series of paintings of sunflowers. After visiting the Vincent Van Gogh exhibit at the Denver Art Museum, I thought it might be interesting to try my own sunflowers. I was disappointed not to see Van Gogh’s rendition, but have always loved his famous painting and decided to give the flowers a try. I used Wallis sanded paper as the ground and a mix of soft pastels. This painting is matted and framed, ready for hanging on a small wall or in a larger grouping.
Contact me at smyliemp@gmail.com  See this and other work at http://PerryPastels.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment