Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Poinsettia by Angela Bishop

"Christmas Poinsettia" 5 by 7, Pastel Painting

Christmas Poinsettia is my latest painting and the first holiday themed painting I've ever done. I tried to loosen up with this one, and used mostly pastel sticks (no pencils). And for the first time I used my Diane Townsend iridescent pastels, and you cannot even tell by the scan. The green-yellow that you see is actually this beautiful light green/gold iridescent color. I also used a little silver iridescent on the highlights. So needless to say, this little painting looks so much better in person.

Happy Holidays!





Discover Pastel Art,Pastel Paintings,Paintings in Oil Pastels as International Pastel Artists post daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Pastel Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.

No comments:

Post a Comment