Sunday, October 22, 2017

Queen For The Day..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews


This is the completed demo I began last week for the Brenham Arts League here in Texas.

I possibly spent only 30 minutes on the actual demo as I had already done a longer one and time was short.

This image is on white velour paper.

The steps of this are below..

 I like to work a lot of negative painting into my background first, and the flower/s evolve as the painting progresses.

I did not pre draw to begin with, merely used 'VEILS' of pastel marks over the surface first to disturb the surface tension. 

After this I referred to my photo of a flower and sketched a little over these marks to give me a 'road map' of a flower so to speak.

I like movement in my works, and not sticking to a plan, just allowing the painting to tell me what it wants to do.

Here are the steps.
This image is a pastel on velour paper (unframed)
19.5" x 25.5" 
$550 plus S/H

Prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:





Thanks for visiting..

Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com






No comments:

Post a Comment