Monday, August 28, 2017

Sea Cliff Haze..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews





Having traveled along the Amalfi Coast and seeing the wonderful vista of cliffs and misty coastline, this image evolved from memory. I often draw on my imagination when painting, I find it quite meditative. Just to let myself go with the rhythm of the sea and allow the marks to 'flow' from your fingertips..

Soft background music is also a help with this particular way of painting.

I know a lot of my students go through some angst when they can't pluck an image out of their heads and I understand this. It's not for everyone..

Even if you use a photo to begin a painting, put it away after the first few basic design strokes, and let your memory work for you, it does work, and you will get more of a 'personal feeling' about your scene which is (for me) far more seductive for your viewer.

I was trained to visually see a scene and memorize it a lot, especially with seascapes. 

Also doing so many demos for various art groups, sometimes I have to use what's in my head to get a point across. 
So, I so hope you like this one.. Seascapes are magical to paint, especially with pastels.

I used Pastel Premier paper for this one, and this surface is becoming a favorite of mine I have to admit. There is not a great deal of texture to it as with Sennelier, so certain subjects might not work as well for me. However, seascapes are a perfect subject matter.

Image size is 12" x 16" unframed

$300 plus S/H

Prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/sea-cliff-haze-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true



                                        

Thanks for visiting..

Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

        http://raeandrews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment