Friday, August 4, 2017

Ruffled Feathers..Pastel..Texas Artist...Rae Andrews



Ruffled Feathers was an unfinished demo started quite a while ago. I did not want to waste the Sennelier (full sheet) of paper, so decided to try and redeem the image to a finished product.

Here is the image completed.. I am posting the steps of this below ..
I used three of my own photos and combined the chickens in the one painting.

This one is all pastel. Sennelier paper is a sanded paper and cannot (very successfully) have any wet media like alcohol on it, however, I have done that in the past too. It's tricky though, and I would not advise it.

I did crop some off the outer edges, and feel  it looks better for doing that.

                                            This image is 16.5 " x 21" unframed
                                                                   $235 plus S/H

             Remember prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:

            https://fineartamerica.com/featured/ruffled-feathers-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true



                                                             Thanks for visiting...



 

Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment