Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Delicate Balance...Abstract Design...Pastel...Texas Artist...Rae Andrews




This one is a pastel over an acrylic underlay, although most of that is hidden with pastels now.

That's the beauty of starting a painting like this, the acrylic gives you an option to go with the patterns the paint has made or not. Pastel is an opaque medium so it is not that hard to diminish the acrylic if you desire.

I mostly use my pastel pencils though, on this Richeson sanded surface. Oh, and yes, I am smudging quite a bit after the pastel is applied, something I rarely do with my pastels. This surface is pretty rough and for these designs I prefer a smoother result.

I hope you like this one.

It is an 8" x 10" unframed piece on foam sanded board.

$150 plus S/H 

Prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/delicate-balance-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true

Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment