Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Coconut Shadows..Pastel..Semi Abstracted...Texas Artist..Rae Andrews




Believe it or not this used to be horses. I decided I could do better, so I wiped it with alcohol and a rag and then splashed acrylics over the surface. The surface is a large Ampersand board by the way.

After my surface had dried, I worked my image into and over the marks, quite a challenge, but I think by now you all know how I love to challenge myself.

The photo reference was one I took on my recent trip to Maui.

This was great fun to do, although it took a while.

The size of this one is 24" x 36" unframed on board.

$450 plus S/H

Prints of this image are also available at Fine art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/coconut-shadows-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true

Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment