Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Maui Shoreline 3...Rae Andrews

 

Although this is an older pastel I did a few years ago on Maui, and the original is no longer available, I still wanted to post it today.

I used to sit for hours on the shores of Maui, just watching the waves.

I know many of the artists out there have done the same thing.
It is mesmerizing and very challenging to paint.

One has to recall a lot from the imagination, and I find I get into a sort of 'RHYTHM' with the subject, and try to 'FEEL' the movement.

I actually love this image I did, maybe the colors, but always WATER paintings will bring me great joy.

This is a pastel on sanded paper, 19.5 x 25.5"

Prints are available through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/maui-shoreline-3-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true

No comments:

Post a Comment