Saturday, December 8, 2012

“First Snow” 11”x14” Original Pastel Painting by Colorado Artist Margretta S. Perry



“First Snow” 
11”x14” 
Original Pastel Painting by Colorado Artist Margretta S. Perry
$250.00 matted & framed + shipping
Our first snow this year in the Front Range of Colorado was a beauty! I had to meet some people early in the morning, so as I drove, all I wanted to do was to stop and take pictures. When I arrived at my destination I had time to spare, so I walked around the neighborhood snapping away. It was an overcast morning, the light was low; there had been no wind, so the snow was sticking to everything. It was nearly monochromatic and a challenge to paint. I started it on a hot pink ground on Wallis sanded paper, and you can see the rosy color showing through, giving it a color harmony throughout. This painting is matted and framed, ready for hanging. It is being shown at the Broomfield Auditorium and is available for sale there until the end of January 2013.

Contact me at smyliemp@gmail.com See this and other paintings at http://PerryPastels.blogspot.com







   
Discover Pastel Art,Pastel Paintings,Paintings in Oil Pastels as International Pastel Artists post daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Pastel Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.

No comments:

Post a Comment