Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Watching the Stream" by Carolyn Jean Thompson


8 x 10 pastel
This painting began as a plein air watercolor underpainting.  I was at the stream's edge and enjoying myself.  Then, before I could start with the pastel, two rambunctious large dogs came running over through the stream and attempted to gallop under my tripod supporting my pastel box and painting!  Much later, in the quiet of my own home, I finished this painting in pastel!  But I remember the place, and how I enjoyed watching the stream.

If you would like to see more of my work, please visit my art blog here.  Thank you!

Discover Pastel Art,Pastel Paintings,Paintings in Oil Pastels as International Pastel Artists post daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Pastel Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.

No comments:

Post a Comment