Saturday, August 27, 2011

Gloria J Zucaro's "Stormy Weather"


9 1/2"H x 11 1/2"W  Pastel on Sanded Paper
$75.00 Unframed  $100.00 Framed with Mat and Glass
$85.00 double matted with Plexi, no Frame
S&H to your ZIP.


This painting will be for auction on the Daily Paintworks website.
dailypaintworks.com. 

I actually finished this painting on Monday last, but then tried something new...spraying it with fixative.  I learned that it definitely darkened it, which can change the values somewhat.  I also learned that if you use charcoal as your black, it blurs out with the moisture.  So after completing all my work this week with painters, plumbers, and carpet cleaners for selling the townhouse, I finally worked on it again to fix values, add highlights and make the black cat a little less of a puddle!  So now I am posting it on The Daily Paintworks site as my entry into last Saturdays challenge which was superstitions.  This one is about never opening an umbrella in the house and black cats crossing under...things??.  I am not really superstitious, however, I am cautious about not stepping on a crack in the sidewalk and possibly breaking my mother's back!!!!  (Step on the crack, break your mother's back!).  I read that only 1 in 20 adults avoid cracks in the pavement...wow...I feel really special, LOL!

Discover Pastel Art,Pastel Paintings,Paintings in Oil Pastels as International Pastel Artists post daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Pastel Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.

No comments:

Post a Comment