Thursday, July 28, 2011

'Far Nieinte, Oakville, CA"  10" x  3.75"  pastel painting

Far Niente winery owns 5 vineyards. According to the description on their website this view is part of their John C. Sullenger Vineyard which covers 42 acres. Their wine prices are a bit out of my range but I hear they make exceptional wine.
As far as the painting - I wanted to abstract this scene considering the limited view. I'm pleased with the feel of it.My husband is away on business in northern Washington state and has been photographing vineyards for me. He's been taking some up-close shots which I can not get through Google street views. I'm very excited to see and paint them!

To browse the Google street view for this scene please visit my Vineyards blog - http://paintedvineyards.riahills.com/

For purchasing info go to http://dailypaintings.riahills.com/
contact me - rh@riahills.com









Discover Pastel Art,Pastel Paintings,Paintings in Oil Pastels as International Pastel Artists post daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Pastel Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.

No comments:

Post a Comment