Sunday, April 17, 2011

side by side by Ria Hills

6" x 6" daily pastel painting

I'm working on 3 paintings . . each a different medium.

When I started today I really wanted to focus on completing a pastel painting. I took this photo last summer. I bumped up the color saturation which makes the avocados pop.
 There are days when I'm not sure what to paint and food seems like a mundane subject. It isn't until I start painting that I remember that the enjoyment comes from the process more than the subject. And who doesn't like avocados!
Actually . . I never did until I found Alton Brown's recipe for guacamole at The Food Network.

For purchasing info please visit my blog - riahills.blogspot.com
contact me - rh@riahills.com




Discover Pastel Art,Pastel Paintings,Paintings in Oil Pastels as International Pastel Artists post daily their newest artwork. Sign up to receive free our daily posts of Pastel Art in your email. Fill in your email in the left column where it says FOLLOW US!.

No comments:

Post a Comment